Press Release: Combining Forces March 13, 2015 15:47
Interesting news today from the world of Oris.
Oris has become the official partner of the United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance.
Read the Press Release below, courtesy of Oris:
"Oris is very proud to announce a new partnership with the United States Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance, also known as Force Recon, one of the elite US Special Forces companies."
"Force Recon is a special operations command unit – like the US Navy Seals or Army Special Forces – that operates independently behind enemy lines to provide military intelligence to Marine Air-Ground Task Forces, performing deep reconnaissance and direct action missions at sea and on land.
For Force Recon, Oris has created a high-performance, state-of-the-art wristwatch designed to meet the unit’s demanding equipment standards. The Oris Force Recon GMT is based on Oris’s innovative ProDiver, the diver’s watch renowned for its Oris-developed Rotation Safety System, which locks the bezel into place according to the wearer’s requirements.
This special watch has a new Oris GMT movement, giving it a second time zone, indicated via a central hand and a 24-hour scale around the dial. It also has an innovative small seconds display at 9 o’clock, designed to show the wearer the watch is working in low-light conditions, a useful device when ‘going dark’.
The 49mm case is made of titanium and treated with a tough black DLC coating, while the unidirectional rotating bezel inlay is made of scratch-resistant matt black ceramic. The watch comes on a black rubber strap, with a black NATO fabric strap option included in the presentation case. The rubber strap features Oris’s pioneering quick-adjustment sliding sledge folding clasp, which can be adjusted while the watch is being worn. Protection and cover is offered by a ‘tactical watch cover’ – a mask with a retractable top section that wraps around the watch.
The dial carries the Force Recon emblem, which is also engraved on the case back. The watch comes in a black water-resistant case, and will be delivered in June 2015."
Oris Force Recon GMT
Ref. No. 747 7715 7754Set, Ø 49.00mm
- Automatic movement Oris cal. 747, based on Sellita SW 220-1, with date at 3 o'clock, small second window at 9 o’clock and a 24h pointer hand for second time zone
- Multi-piece 49mm titanium case, screw-in crown, case back and crown
- protection with black DLC coating. Helium valve at 9 o’clock. Water-resistant to 100 bar/1000 metres
- Diver’s unidirectional revolving bezel with Oris-developed Rotation Safety System and matt black ceramic inlay with 60-minute timer scale
- Sapphire crystal, double domed with antireflective coating on inside
- Black dial featuring Force Recon’s emblem, with applied indices and nickel hands, both with white Super-LumiNova® inlay. 24h numerals printed with green Super-LumiNova®
- Black rubber strap with Oris-developed safety anchor and quick adjustment
- sliding-sledge folding clasp
- Set includes waterproof case, additional black NATO strap, strap-change tools and a tactical watch cover for full camouflage
- Australian pricing not yet announced