Your MIDO watch is covered by this warranty for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase under the terms and conditions of this warranty.
The warranty covers material and manufacturing defects existing at the time of delivery of the purchased MIDO watch ("defects").
Where such defects become apparent during the warranty period and provided you present a valid warranty certificate, MIDO SA. will:
- repair your watch free of charge; or
- in the event that repairs are unable to restore the normal conditions of use of your MIDO watch, replace your watch with a MIDO watch of identical or similar characteristics. Such replacement watch will have the benefit of this warranty for the remainder of the warranty period applicable to the original (replaced) watch.
Please be aware that:
- goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods;
- any data you store in your watch may be lost in the course of a repair. It is your responsibility to back up any data that may be stored in your watch before presenting it for warranty service; and
- the warranty is only valid if the warranty certificate enclosed with your MIDO watch upon purchase is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official MIDO retailer.
This warranty does not cover
- the lifetime of the battery;
- normal wear and tear and aging (e.g. scratched crystal; alteration of the colour and/or material of nonmetallic straps and chains, such as leather, textile, rubber; peeling of the plating);
- any damage on any part of the watch resulting from abnormal/abusive use, lack of care, negligence, accidents (knocks, dents, crushing, broken crystal, etc.), incorrect use of the watch and non-observance of the use directions provided by MIDO SA.;
- indirect or consequential damages of any kind resulting from e.g. the use, the non-functioning, the defects or the inaccuracy of the MIDO watch; or
- defects caused by the MIDO watch being handled by non-authorized persons (e.g. for battery replacement, services or repairs) or altered in its original condition beyond MIDO S.A.'s control.
The benefits given to you under this warranty are additional to, and do not detract from, other rights and remedies that you may have in relation to your MIDO watch and its purchase under Australian laws, including consumer protection laws.
In Australia, MIDO watches come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have your MIDO watch repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- is not intended to change or exclude any statutory or consumer rights that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded;
- is independent of any warranty that may be provided by the seller, for which he carries sole responsibility;
- does not affect your rights against the seller, including any mandatory statutory rights you may have against the seller under local consumer laws.